WHO WE ARE
INFORMATION THAT IS GATHERED FROM VISITORS
In common with other websites, log files are stored on the web server.
Logged Information: We log information about your use of the Site, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Site. In some cases, we collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers, and mobile network information.
HOW THE INFORMATION IS USED
We may use this information for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Site;
- Provide the information you request and to process and complete any donations and related transactions;
- Request feedback and otherwise contact you about your use of the Site;
- Respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, and requests and to provide customer service;
- Send you updates and newsletters and otherwise provide you with information that we think will be of interest to you, such as sending you news and information to keep you informed about various issues, events, resources, and services;
- Solicit volunteers, donations and support for our organization and for issues and organizations that we support;
- Send you technical notices, updates, confirmations, security alerts and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Site;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Site;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better information and;
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Communications: You may opt out of receiving text messages, updates and newsletters from the Tech Oversight Project by following the instructions in those emails or text messages. If you opt out, we may still send you other types of emails, such as those about your use of the Site or any donations or transactions.